State of Alaska Gambell District Office

State of Alaska Gambell District Office

(888) 876-2477

400 Gambell Street
Anchorage, AK - 99501

Department of Public Health And Social Services Office.

Alaska Temporary Assistance Program (ATAP)

To receive Temporary Assistance, the family must have less than $2,000 in countable resources, or $3,000 if the family includes an individual who is 60 or older. Resources that do not count include the family’s home, household goods and personal property, and most vehicles.
The family must also have countable income less than the ATAP income limit. When an adult goes to work, a portion of their earnings is disregarded as an incentive to work. The amount of the disregards decreases over a five-year period.
The amount of cash assistance a family receives depends on the family’s size, income and shelter expenses. Benefits are reduced for families with low shelter costs. Also only one parent is included in the household size for families with two parents who are both able to work.

Documents Needed For Eligibility:
    Signed, dated and completed application.
    Copy of adult members picture ID card.
    Copy of the children’s birth certificates.
    Copy of the household social security cards.
    Copy of all earned and unearned income including bank account statements & bingo/pull tab winnings.
    Copy of all utility bills including stove oil and rent.
    If you are applying for anyone who is pregnant or pregnant women coverage verification of pregnancy with expected date of delivery.
    If you are a foster parent please include a copy of the children’s placement papers that include the name, social security number, & date of birth for each foster child.

61.21829220, -149.87153

Post Comment