Delta County Human Services

Delta County Human Services

(970) 874-2030

560 Dodge Street
Delta, CO - 81416

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Economic Assistance
    Financial Assistance for Disabled Adults
    Aid to the Blind (AB)
    Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)
    Child Support Enforcement
    Colorado Works/Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF)
    Food Assistance
    Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
    Old Age Pension (OAP)
    Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI)

How To Apply
There are several options available to you for filing an application for financial, medical or food assistance in Colorado:
    Online: Visit to learn if you might be eligible for benefits and to apply online. (PEAK is a secure website run by the State of Colorado, and it is available in English and Spanish.)
    Paper: Print an application using these links and fax, mail or deliver it in-person to one of our Delta County Human Services offices. English Application | Spanish Solicitud de Assistencia Publica. You may also pick up an application at one of our offices or call (970) 874-2030 to request to have one mailed to you.
What to Bring When Applying
To determine eligibility, an application must be completed with verification of income, resources, expenses,
Social Security number(s), proof of lawful presence and a signed affidavit. An interview will determine if any
further verification is required. Bring as many of the following documents as possible. Do not wait to apply if
you do not have all verifications needed. You can gather needed information after your application has been
Proof of Age, such as:
• Birth Certificate
• Baptismal Certificate
• Statement from Social Security
• Driver’s License
• Photo Identification Card
• Military Discharge Papers
• Alien Registration Card
• Naturalization Papers
Proof of U.S. Citizenship, such as:
• Birth certificate
• Social Security Card
• Naturalization Papers
• Passport
• Alien Registration Papers
Proof of Colorado Residency, such as:
• Self-written statement testifying you are a resident of Colorado
• Rent Receipt
• Lease Agreement
• Mortgage Statement
• Voter Registration
• Telephone bill
• Utility bill
Proof of your and your spouse’s gross income, such as:
• Payroll stubs
• Verification of Social Security and SSI
• Tax Return
• Letter from Employer
• Proof of other income or checks you receive (child support, alimony, self-employment, financial aid)
Proof of Resources, such as:
• Checking/Savings/Certificate of Deposit Bank statements
• Letter from the Bank
• Statements for investment accounts, stocks, bonds
• Vehicle Registration (vehicles, boats, motor homes, etc.)
• Letter from Broker
• Deed and mortgages for real property
• Letter from County Assessor’s Office
• Life Insurance Policies
• Letter from Life Insurance Company
• Burial Contract or Policy
• Tax Return
(Some resources may not count toward the resource limit.)

The Colorado Works - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program is designed to help needy families achieve self-sufficiency. States receive grants to design and operate programs that accomplish one of the purposes of the TANF program.
The four purposes of the TANF program are to:
Provide assistance to needy families so that children can be cared for in their own homes
Reduce the dependency of needy parents by promoting job preparation, work and marriage
Prevent and reduce the incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancies
Encourage the formation and maintenance of two-parent families

Colorado PEAK is a State online service for Coloradoans to screen themselves and apply for medical, food, and cash assistance programs.

Eligibility Criteria:
Must meet ColoradoWorks income, resource, and non-financial criteria.
Families must have a dependent child in the home.
Participation is based on the employability assessment and job readiness – as defined by the client.
Services Provided: The client is involved in job search designed to help the family find employment within 60 days. Services and payments are based on need and agreed upon during the development of an Individual Responsibility Contract. Services include, but are not limited to: job search assistance, career counseling, financial assistance and case management. They also receive child care assistance (CCCAP), Medicaid, and Food Stamps. Participants can access on-site partners and other community referrals.

Time Limits: Diversion II is a time-limited program lasting 60 days in most cases. Failure to gain employment within the 60 day period can result in a roll over to Colorado Works or if the family failed to follow the contract they can be denied Colorado Works for 90 days.


Post Comment