Temporary Cash Assistance For Needy Families in Ordway, CO

Directory of US TANF Offices for Welfare and Supportive Services

We list the local offices where you can apply for TANF in Ordway, CO.

We list the office hours and days where you can contact the offices and whether or not you need an appointment to speak with someone in person.

Temporary Cash Assistance For Needy Families Service Locations in Ordway, CO

Below we list the local offices where you can apply for Colorado Works / Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

Crowley County Department of Human Services - Welfare Office

631 Main Street, Suite 100
Ordway, CO - 81063
(719) 267-3546
Crowley County Department of Human Services is committed to providing assistance and protective services to its residents by encouraging personal, social and financial responsibility through a variety of services and educational opportunities.
Our family and adult programs assist individuals in reaching their maximum potential of self-sufficiency by providing temporary and appropriate supportive services. believe that public assistance is a short-term solution and that long-term self-support is the ultimate goal.
Our child welfare workers provide protective services to children and teens through education, foster care, counseling, and advocacy.
Our child support enforcement division helps children get the financial and medical support they need and deserve by locating non-custodial parents, establishing paternity and assisting with support orders.
There are a variety of services available for families as well as individuals.  To apply for assistance stop by the Department of Human Services office at 631 Main Street, Suite 100 in Ordway.
    Adult Medical – may help eligible individuals pay for Medicare premiums.
    Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND) & Aid to the Blind (AB) - is a financial assistance program for individuals temporarily or permanently unable to work due to disability.
    Child Health Plan Plus (CHP) - is a low-cost health and dental insurance for Colorado children.
    Colorado Works (TANF) - provides cost-of-living assistance to eligible low-income families or women who are six months pregnant or more.
    Family Medicaid (FM) - Medicaid provides assistance with medical expenses through two programs - Medicaid and CHP+ - for children up to 19 years old.
    Food Assistance (FA) - helps low-income families supplement their nutritional needs by providing financial assistance to purchase food.
    Long Term Care - provides assistance to individuals who are Medicaid-eligible and at-risk of placement in a nursing facility.
    Old Age Pension (OAP)- provides financial help for residents age 60 or older with little or no income, and provides Medicaid for eligible applicants.
A separate application is required for the following programs:
    Child Care Assistance (CCAP) - is provided to families who qualify based on family size and gross family income. Benefits are available for children birth through age 12. More Information & Application
    Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) - helps needy families pay a percentage of their winter heating costs and is available from November through April each year. More Information & Application
    Child Support Enforcement (CSE) - helps children get the financial and medical support they need and deserve by locating non-custodial parents, establishing paternity and establishing/modifying/enforcing support orders and medical support orders. More Information & Application
How to Apply for Services:
To determine eligibility, an application must be completed with verification of income, resources, expenses, Social Security number(s), proof of lawful presence and a signed affidavit. An interview will determine if any further verification is required.
What to Bring When Applying
Bring as many of the following documents as possible. Do not wait to apply if you do not have all verifications needed. You can gather needed information after your application has been received.
Proof of Age, such as
    Birth certificate
    Baptismal certificate
    Statement from Social Security
    Driver's License
    Picture Identification Card
    Military Discharge Papers
    Alien Registration Card
    Naturalization Papers
Proof of U.S. citizenship, such as:
    Birth Certificate
    Social Security card
    Baptismal Certificate
    Naturalization Papers
    Alien Registration Papers
Proof of Colorado residency, such as:
    Client Statement
    Rent Receipt
    Lease Agreement
    Mortgage Statement
    Voter Registration
    Utility Bill
    Phone Bill
Proof of your and your spouse's gross income, such as:
    Payroll stubs
    Verification of social security and SSI
    Tax return
    Letter from employer
    Proof of other income or checks you receive (child support, alimony, self-employment, financial aid)
Proof of resources, such as:
    Checking/Savings/Certificate of Deposit Bank Statements
    Letter from the Bank
    Statements for investment accounts, stocks, bonds
    Vehicle Registration (vehicles, boats, motor homes, etc.)
    Letter from Broker
    Life Insurance Policy
    Letter from Life Insurance Company
    Burial Contract or Policy
    Tax Return
    Letter from County Assessor's Office
Proof of Application of Supplemental Security Income: Applicants/recipients of OAP may be required to apply for SSI benefits.
    Statement from SSA showing application has been filed and appointment kept.
Once you receive services:
In the State of Colorado, all cash and food assistance benefits are credited to and accessed through an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system called the Colorado Quest Card. You will receive a Quest Card when you apply and are approved for benefits. A Quest card works like a debit card, and is swiped through a counter-top terminal device at the checkout counter. This card can be used for purchasing groceries and withdrawing cash benefits from automatic teller machines (ATM). Most grocery stores display the QUEST card logo in their window.
Entering your Personal Identification Number (PIN) gives you access to your benefits. Never tell your PIN to anyone! If someone has your PIN, they can use your card to get access to your benefits, which will not be replaced.
Benefits are deposited into your EBT account on the same day each month. Use the chart below to determine which day of the month your benefits will be deposited into your account... click for more details..